Cemetery

Oak Hill Cemetery

The Cemetery Department maintains approximately 60 acres in Oak Hill Cemetery. Oak Hill Cemetery is owned and operated by the City of Lampasas. Oak Hill is the largest and one of the oldest cemeteries in Lampasas County.

Historical Marker:

Hartwell Fountain sold ten acres of land to the city of Lampasas in 1872 to establish this cemetery. Originally known as City Cemetery. It was renamed Oak Hill Cemetery in 1908. The Ladies Cemetery Association, A group of concerned Lampasas women, maintained the cemetery from 1891 to 1948, when the city assumed responsibility. Among those buried here are local pioneers, prominent business people, veterans of wars including the Texas Revolution and the Civil War, and their descendants.